At Sovereign Technologies, we understand that your career is one of the most important parts of your life. We also recognize that you are an individual with your own skills and needs. That’s why our recruiters only consider opportunities for you that fit your unique skills, personality and goals. We offer many exciting opportunities for candidates seeking direct hire, right-to-hire and consulting positions. Sovereign can help you build your best future!
Current Openings - Oracle PL/SQL
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Oracle Developer, Oracle PL/SQL
- Analyze user requirements, develop functional specifications, and perform gap analysis of existing information systems.
- Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements, and system longevity.
- Identify and resolve problems in order to provide continuous business operations.
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to business partners and team members in the areas of functionality, architecture, operating systems, and databases for complex Oracle application systems.
- Develop low-level technical specifications and detailed program specifications as needed.
- Review/Approve detailed technical decisions and high and low level design documentation.
- Analyze existing systems and architectures for improvement recommendations.
- Ensure code quality, perform code reviews, and mentor development team members.
- Ensure users’ expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible, and provide alternative solutions to meet objectives.
- Ensure all documentation of technical architecture and systems are complete.
- Provide training and guidance to team members and users as required.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 – 8 years experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL (10g or later) and Oracle database (11g or later),
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
- Knowledge of structured and object-oriented programming, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills with focused attention to detail.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills with other IT associates and business users.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals and objectives.
- Good skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- General business knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Experience with Oracle Developer Suite (Forms/Reports 10g or higher).
- Experience with object-oriented programming frameworks (e.g. .NET C#, Java).
- Broad business and finance-related knowledge.
- Knowledge of MS Team Foundation Server (2010 or later), AIX/UNIX shell, Windows Server (2003 or later), MS SharePoint (2010 or higher), ServiceNow, MS Active Directory, XML Structures, and Toad.
- Knowledge of various open source tools and frameworks.
- Master’s degree and/or LOMA certification.