At Sovereign Technologies, we understand that your career is one of the most important parts of your life. We also recognize that you are an individual with your own skills and needs. That’s why our recruiters only consider opportunities for you that fit your unique skills, personality and goals. We offer many exciting opportunities for candidates seeking direct hire, right-to-hire and consulting positions. Sovereign can help you build your best future!
Current Openings - Security
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Database Security, Security
- Administers, monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots the data security platform; performs configuration and reporting.
- Performs backups and restores.
- Identifies and investigates anomalies.
- Writes scripts to automate reports and alerting activities.
- Collaborates within the organization for security configuration recommendations and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related experience
- Intermediate level of shell scripting
- Knowledge of operating systems internals, communication (and networking) protocols and system utilities
- Understanding of patch management processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- System monitoring responsibilities based upon investigations and incident reporting
- Knowledge of securing applications through RBAC and audit controls
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Location: st. Louis, MO
Categories: Information Security, Network Security, Security, Security Information & Event Management (SIEM)
- Work with Data Scientists to develop advanced analytic techniques for security analysis, including anomalies, intrusion detection, etc.
- Work with strategic partners to identify opportunities to further enhance cyber security using advanced security analytic techniques that preempt threats utilizing social, behavioral, geopolitical information, etc.
- Define and manage the process to onboard new systems into our security analytics portfolio.
- Lead creation of standard analytic dashboards for use by intelligence and operational teams.
- Work with information security personnel and application development teams to define and implement standards for access and activity logging to support our operations and security analytics practices.
- Define models that describe appropriate and inappropriate use of information systems.
- Maintain and enhance a framework for measuring risks associated with lack of visibility into system access and activity.
- Work with external partners – peer companies and security providers – to implement information sharing patterns and processes to identify shared threats and manage risks.
- Provide senior leadership teams with insight as information security transforms to implement a comprehensive data-driven, intelligence-based cyber security program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or CISSP certification strongly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates with no degree must have a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
- 5 -10 years of information security experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience of utilizing Machine Learning statistical analytics techniques for anomaly, intrusion detection, social and behavioral analysis, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of network security concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Expert-level knowledge of security architectural designs, requirements development, and solutions definition.
- Expert-level knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), log management, or threat monitoring systems.
- Strong working knowledge of system and application logging.
- Experience with Perl, R, Python, and the use of regular expressions.
- Experience in Information Security Incident Response, intrusion detection, and firewall technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Client/Server, Unix/Linux Systems, Mac OSX, and VMware.
- Strong working knowledge in cloud solutions and security (e.g. Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service).
- Knowledge of collaborative research tools (e.g. CRITs) and data exchange formats (e.g. TAXII, STIX).
- Experience working with data in NoSQL database platforms.
- Experience with building and designing useful and actionable dashboards.
- Expert-level understanding of all layers of the OSI Model.
- Ability to learn complex computing environments quickly.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of IT and enterprise systems interoperability.
- Experience managing and developing a team is preferred.
- Multinational enterprise is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, and analytical skills, including the ability to produce usable and maintainable documentation.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Time management skills with proven ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks under pressure.
- On-call support may be required as Tier 3 support. Some off-hours work to be performed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or CISSP certification strongly preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates with no degree must have a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
- 5 - 10 years of information security experience. Minimum 2 years experience of utilizing Machine Learning statistical analytics techniques for anomaly, intrusion detection, social and behavioral analysis, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of network security concepts, best practices, and procedures. Expert-level knowledge of security architectural designs, requirements development, and solutions definition. Expert-level knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), log management, or threat monitoring systems.
Location: St. Louis, MO
- Policy/procedure experience (PCI and ISO 27001/27002)
- Metasploit experience
- Nexpose experience
- SIEM (client has McAfee so that would be preferred)
- Provides technical guidance regarding risks and control measures associated with new and emerging technology.
- Prepares and periodically updates information security policies, architectures, standards and /or other technical documents to ensure all resources are adequately protected.
- Interprets information security policies, standards and other requirements as they relate to internal information systems.
- Assists in the selection, installation, and adoption of automated tools that enforce or monitor the compliance of information security policies.
- Participates as a technical advisor for a variety of ad-hoc information security projects as dictated by business and technology developments.
- Recommends new approaches that allow greater standardization and more effective management of information security.
Location: St. Louis Region, MO