Business Analyst – #160386
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Business Analyst
Principal Duties, Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Assists to develop, validate, document, and maintain business and functional requirements; conducts structured walkthroughs of requirements with business and project team members.
- May work with project teams to support requirements gathering.
- Analyzes source system data in support of integration of applications into a business intelligence environment.
- Defines data mapping specifications to support data transformation.
- Facilitates the identification of common data elements and their definition.
- Facilitates the identification of master data elements and their definition.
- May analyze source system data, etc. in support of improving data quality.
- Works with the business to identify data issues and identify potential solutions.
- Proactively works to identify ways to improve data quality through various processes including business rules automation.
- Assists in evaluation of business requests to determine feasibility; researches and identifies options.
- Responds to questions from business and IT teams.
- Assists in evaluation and tracking of new or enhanced solutions to determine potential issues; communicates how problems may affect business and recommends solutions.
- Assists in performing task automation and implements process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and service.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of IT-related experience, such as business analysis, data analysis, etc.
- LOMA Certification
- ARA Designation
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods while working under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Intermediate investigative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department and team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals and objectives.
- Ability to foster customer service as needed.
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
- Basic negotiating and persuasion skills.
- General business knowledge.
- Intermediate data analysis skill.
- General business knowledge.
- 5-7 years IT-related experience, such as business analysis, data analysis, etc.
- 2+ years life insurance industry knowledge.
- Experience with MDM and/or data governance implementations.
- Experience with SSRS reporting.
- Experience with MDS/Profisee.
- Intermediate Reporting Services skills.