Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: .NET, C#, Developer, Engineer, Java, Oracle Developer, SQL Development, SQL Server
Contract: 6 month right-to-hire
Senior Software Engineer responsible for delivering integrated product solutions and support for actuarial modeling and prediction platforms. Works in team environment and provides technical expertise and guidance throughout the entire software lifecycle. Duties include analysis, design, estimation, planning, implementation, unit and integration testing of platform improvements, and operational support to ensure systems availability for business stakeholders. Also required are status tracking, communication of progress, and issue resolution.
- Apply leadership and ownership through full solution development lifecycle while providing estimates, deliverables, and results.
- Meet regularly with Project Management and Technical Leads to manage status, milestones, risks, and issues in an Agile SDLC.
- Engage in customer planning sessions and demonstrate ability to drive out requirements.
- Analyze requirements, develop technical specifications, and perform solution gap analysis via Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to customers and team members regarding functionality, architecture, operating systems, and databases for complex product systems.
- Prepare and present application and programming design solutions to fulfill business requirements.
- Engage technical analysts and business users to provide input on test cases, test scenarios, and test plans.
- Engage teams outside of immediate group as required (e.g. product integration points, infrastructure, help desk, security, and vendors).
- Evaluate and balance application change risk with business need for timely product enhancements.
- Efficiently design, deliver, and release operational enhancements to address performance, stability, and monitoring capabilities.
- Develop and mature operational support knowledge base and playbook documentation to complement product solutions.
- Identify and rapidly resolve issues to enable operations. Provide training guidance to team members and users as required.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships to maintain credibility and trust.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems design and technical solutions.
- Proven experience with structured and object-oriented programming, design patterns, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, and scheduling, and to ensure projects meet budget and plan criteria.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to multi-task and work well within a team environment.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to apply leadership when required.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Certification in Microsoft C#.NET software development
- Certification in Microsoft or Oracle database development
- 7+ years of experience implementing SOA and web applications with heavy relational database integration
- 7+ years high volume RDBMS database development experience with complex SQL
- 5+ years of experience with Agile development, including code reviews, TDD, automated testing, continuous integration, refactoring
- 2+ years of experience integrating and supporting FIS Prophet Professional and Prophet Enterprise v8.x or higher
- 2+ years of Microsoft HPC integration and support experience
- 2+ years of reinsurance industry experience
- LOMA certification